About Me

My photo
I am a junior trumpet performance student at Cedarville University. I play a lot of trumpet, but I also have a lot of other interests such as theology, reading, piano, art, and architecture. I hope you can learn a little bit about who I am through this blog.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trombone Shorty vs. Wynton Marsalis

this video is of Wynton Marsalis and a trumpet/trombone player who has a lot of skill. I particularly like the sound of his trombone playing. Its not quite as mellow as trombones usually sound. He also has a fairly new CD out called Backatown which is very good. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell his name. His real name is Troy Andrews, but his stage name is Trombone Shorty. This nickname was given to him when he was little because he started playing trombone at like 5 or 6. The trombone was taller than he was, hence the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment